Wednesday 4 January 2012

Leon's Vintage Inspired Circus Themed Christening

It all started the moment my sister asked me to be godmother to my beautiful nephew Leon. I had missed out being godmother to her first son Anthony as she had christened him overseas. I was so excited and couldn't help overtaking the organizing of the whole event.

My inspiration came when I was scrolling through Blissfully Sweet's website and I stumbled across her amazing circus themed cake which she had previously created for a christening. I informed my sister that she basically had no choice but to have a circus themed christening.

Numerous hours were spent researching and coming up with ideas and inspiration and this was my final result. It was my first attempt at a dessert table.

 As the function was held at the Doltone House Sylvania in Sydney Australia they provided dessert as part of the menu,as a result i didn't have to incorporate any desserts for the adults. Just plenty of yummy treats for the children.

To start of with the invites were ordered of zazzle.com. However, it was 11th of October and the invites were yet to arrive. As a result my sister came up with this invite based on the bomboniere thank you tags which were created by le petit party.

 The cake was a circus tent with two circus clowns and three circus animals. A flag at the centre of the circus tent displayed a cross to symbolise the christening. The cupcakes were circus animals and clown faces in 3D. There were also butter cream swirl cupcakes. All cakes were made by Blissfully Sweet (absolutely amazing work).

 The candy jars were obtained from Sweet Style and were filled with mixed candy, marshmallows and gumballs.

 The popcorn machine and the fairy floss machine had to be made features on this table. I found these at Kmart (little did I expect to find such amazing products there). I saw them and fell in love with their vintage style and thought they would go perfectly as a feature on the table.

I thought that the circus theme would be incomplete without sodas. Considering that  I didn't have to provide the children with drinks, I created a new non drinkable but eatable 'smartie soda'.

The labels were all obtained from The Candy Tree.

The entrance sign was designed and made by myself.

The bomboniere were gumball machines with a thank you tag designed and printed by le petit party. I placed a cross keyring inside each gumball machine to symbalise the christening.

I created the simple placecards for all guests and had the chair covers the same color as the table centerpiece balloons.

The children enjoyed two hours of entertainment from two clowns.

As it happened to be my daughters third birthday on the same day we cut a cake for her also and had Mickey and Minnie mouse both join us for the cutting of the cake. Her cake was a little 5 inch cake with Mickey and Minnie mouse on top (made by Blissfully Sweet).

The only set back on the day I have to say was my camera. I really should have invested in a SLR camera before the event. I guess you only learn the hard way. xx













The entire event was styled and organised by myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment